2/18/2008

Music, Memories & Soul

I was driving to lunch today and heard a song by Foxy Brown and Jay-Z that I haven't heard in about 10 years. I remember the first time I heard it, I was in early high school, playing basketball on the neighborhood court on Long Island, and one of the older kids brought a boom-box and it played that song on the radio. When I heard the song again today, my mind had a pretty vivid imagery about that day - my friends that were playing basketball with me, the slipperiness of the half-court we were playing on due to the rain, and everything else that went on at the time.

It seems like our SVP, Loren, feels the same way about music and memories. She mentioned in her post (link) "Listening to music to take you back in time. Have you ever listened to a song and your mind can take you all the way back to that moment, you can almost remember exactly what you were doing at the time. I guess sometimes you dont want to remember that moment, but most of the time it makes you smile. It makes you feel young again.

What about you? How does music effect your life? Does it make your sorrows disappear, provide distractions while bored, and trigger great memories?

8 comments:

becky aman said...

I know the product is still very new yet but do you think slimbeans will come out with a flavored bean for those that love flavored coffee?

Anonymous said...

Kudos to Steve Ashley for the upcoming Entrtainment Portal and the Social Networking Portal. This brings our business to a whole new level. I do not want to forget Voitel VoIP, as well as the cell phones. What a great Leadership School! GOOGLE!!

Anonymous said...

I love to listen to music. Certain music does bring back fond memories. The other day I was listening to a song by P. Diddy and Faith, and everytime I hear that song I think of my cousin and all the good times we had in the past. It is a song dedicated to a friend that passed on. My cousin passed on too and it simply brings back warm memories.

Unknown said...

Definitely. Music has a profound influence on my life, primarily because unless it moves my spirit and soul, I don't even bother. As a result, most everything I listen to is hugely impacting and memorable for a long time to come.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, some old songs will take me back to a time and a scent that means very much to me. The memories are usually sweet to recall and always vivid.(a)

joanne b. said...

Sure music really takes you back in time. I always daydream when I hear a melody especially from my high school/carefree days. It does make me smile or tear up depending on the memories... but I love music...Loren is a truly romantic gal...and love all the things that are happening in Market America!!!Love and Congrats to all the corporate team!!!
joanne b.

Anonymous said...

SlimBeans will consider coming out with flavored versions if the market is strong for it.

Jenni Hughes, WI said...

A memoriable song is like looking through an old photo album. One picture/song can bring back all sorts of memories. Music is a great way to express yourself.