1/30/2008

Loren Launches Her Own Blog

Loren Ridinger, VP of Market America, has launched her own blog, located at http://lorensfashioncents.blogspot.com/.

She's an excellent writer with great tastes in fashion and style. I'm sure her blog will be enjoyed by many.

Her first post:

This is an exciting time because so many wonderful things are happening.. It is a great new year and 2008 promises to be the best year yet... For everyone!! I am very excited about FashionCents, because I think it is a great way for us to communicate and share ideas about fashion, shopping and great tips that we can borrow from each other. This is so much fun, I feel like Carrie Bradshaw from Sex in the City. I arrived back from NYC last night and had an amazing time. It was my girlfriends baby shower and so we threw her a glamorous party in her honor. It was incredible. Then our friend Alejandro Sanz, (if you dont know him, he is a very very famous international singer) performed at Madison Square Garden on Friday night and we went with our very dear friends, Marc Anthony and Jennifer as well as our friends Paulino Rubio (the mexican pop star) and her wonderful new husband, Nicolas who is incredible. We danced all night and had the best time and celebrated after. It is always wonderful to be in NYC. I just love it there, it is somehow liberating. I was so excited to get out into the city and do some shopping. I wasn't really in need of anything or looking for anything in particular, but just wanted to feel the city and somehow you get sucked into all those stores. But strangely enough, as much as I love to shop, I just didn't have as much fun as I thought. It is real work to go into a store and try to find what you are looking for or even browse for that matter. You have to find someone to help you, then you have to hope that they have what you are looking for and if you are lucky enough to find it, you then have to stand in line and wait to pay for it and hope they ring it up right the first time:) I tried very hard to buy something in New York, believe me, I tried, I went into so many stores, but even JR was surprised to see me come home with nothing (and relieved:) But when I got home, I started to shop Market America's shopping site, and of course I ended up on Shopbop.com (one of my favorites...I always seem to end up there) and bought a bunch of goodies:) I love that store because you can find everything from bathing suits and sweatsuits to cocktail dresses and the shoes...all in one place.. love that concept.(be sure to check out the new colors of Juicy Couture, I got the lawn boy green and clementine orange, yummy!!!) (and of course if you are a Market America Unfranchise Owner, you get paid back for your purchases in cash:) Shopping online is so much easier and you get to browse without anyone hassling you....
Every once in a while, a girl has to indulge herself,
xox Loren

Note: I've seen a couple of comments on here for Loren, I think she'd appreciate it more if people were to leave comments on her first post here.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loren love your blog and I too agree, nothing like NYC. I went for the first time in May and I am hooked. Lived in New England my entire life and this was actually the first time I went to a show, out to dinner etc. Absolutely a great city.

But I too agree, shopping online is so much easier. Our web portals are getting to be so unbelievable, it just never ends. Looking forward to Miami next week with all the great new info.

Cath

Anonymous said...

Dear Loren, I so much enjoyed reading your BLOG on shopping. Shopbop, under the apparel tab is an exciting store to browse. The Clothing was clean, fashionable, and elegant; just my style! I was hoping to see men's clothing. You and JR always look so cool at our convention networking parties. And I'm guessing that you help or shop for JR. Would you be so kind to point me in the direction for men's cool and stylish clothing. Thank you, Jeromy

Anonymous said...

Dear Loren, I love your blog I think it is absolutely a wonderfull idea I am from new england but love NYC you are right shopping there is a nightmare .I travel a lot and for the holidays I go home overseas this year was the first time I enjoyed my shopping and did it in a few hours from home in my PJ with a glass of wine thru my webportal I found amazing things and great deals and guess what earned money back ,happy holiday to me:)
Alicia

Loren said...

Thanks for the support:) Please be sure to post your thoughts and comments at http://lorensfashioncents.blogspot.com I agree with you alizefta...pj's, our portal and a great port...Yummy.. i am there..:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Loren, I feel the same way about shopping and arriving home disappointed, empty handed. I will see something interesting on TV, on a billboard, or on the Internet, and then travel by car to see it first hand, in a store. When I visit the brick-n-mortar store, finding it involves a search party. Store employee's are harder to find these days for assistance. The store is great for seeing and touching the product I want, but purchasing it there is a fading past-time. I'll save gas, use consumer report related sites for reviews more often, and purchase over the web in the future. Chris in Rdg PA

Anonymous said...

Hi Loren, I just love NYC too but walk walk walk (good exercize but)
I too wouls raher wisit my own site and shop at shopbog. Thank you so much for doing your own bog and now I feel like to can get to know you better. Awsome!
thanks again, and do it again.
Linda
January 30, 2008 noon

Marc said...

I love this blog. It is already giving me ideas on stores to shop from on the portal for Valentine's Day.

Anonymous said...

So excited about this blog. Can't wait read more. Since you're a fan, if you've never been, may I recommend the Sex and the City tour next time your in NY. It's incredibly fun and you even get to pose for a picture on Carrie's stoop!

Loren said...

Sex and the City tour sounds like fun..I love being able to share ideas and help each other...thanks everyone for all the comments and support of love.

Anonymous said...

Loren,
I have not been to NYC yet, but have always wanted to. You make me want to go even more. I'll be sure to browse Shopbop. It sounds like my kind of store.
Jami

Anonymous said...

Dear Loren- great way to communicate with all of your family in MA-I have not been to NYC as of yet, but look forward to it when the time comes. my favorite place to shop is online- I live in a very small city and it makes my life much easier- I am looking forward to one day have my grocies delivered to my home-- it not here yet. Keep up with everything you do- I am more impressed with you each time I go to a MA event.

Marie Mc

Unknown said...

Hi Lauren, What a great idea for a blog. I too love NYC. I took a day trip with my daughter and we shopped and took in the sights. We even saw a show. However, the shopping was disappointing for us. It was so crowded we couldn't get in most of the stores. Shopping on the net is so much better, more convenient and you can find what you’re looking for. I look forward to visiting the blog often and sharing ideas and experiences.

See you at leadership school. Shout out a big hello for us!

Pam Jeddry - BelAir Maryland

Anonymous said...

I've been to New York for business and can't wait to go for pleasure. Thanks for sharing your experience!I just received our PowerLine today and think the idea of blogging and adding networking sites to MA is brilliant. It is so exciting to see how MA is staying on the cutting edge. I will be attending my first leadership with my husband and can't wait to see you in person. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Loren,
You have great fashion sense so que us in on any great deals you come across in our online stores.
As a matter of fact, let's all share our great deals. It's a win/win.
Marion

Anonymous said...

Loren, Welcome to the wild world of blogging. Nice work! You write as well as you speak. I feel like I can "hear" you telling your NYC stories. I know what you mean about shopping. We're so spoiled with marketamerica.com! All the shopping we want, any time we want, from the comfort and convenience of our own home. PLUS, we get paid to go shopping. A girl's dream come true. I will check back often. Keep writing.
~jaime

Anonymous said...

Hi Loren,
I was raised in upstate NY. Now I live in Arizona. WE went to NYC and shopped and Paid mega bucks for taxis and Parking garages. We went to see the watchtower building too. It was great fun. Thanks Patty

Art Brown said...

Hi Loren,

Love your new blog. Just became a coordinator and received my first residual check! I'm lovin' it!

Art Brown - Native New Yorker
http://www.ArtBrownArt.biz
http://www.ArtBrownShops.unfranchise.com

Crystal said...

Loren, You truly are a leader and an inspiration. YOUR fashion sense is off the hook! The BEST way to shop is through ourselves!! Shopbop is hot! Also, For all those who have little ones in their life, Constructive Playthings is a great store. Loren, I look forward to future blogs and as much as I love N.Y. I can hardly wait for Leadership in Miami and some warm weather. Anything beats WI. :-), Crystal

Anonymous said...

Great idea MA! Glad to see the blog set up, now for some ideas on promotion and how distributors can use the blog to promote their portals...

Laura Childs
Best Online Shopping

nanaweis68 said...

Thanks Loren!! I love the blog and the shopping tips..I love shopping on my portal and encourage everyone I know to shop at my mall.
Looking forward to Miami as it is my first major event..bought my tickets for convention so will be there too..how exciting !!
Blessings,
Gail
Corpus Christi, TX

Bonissat said...

Hey Loren, I just browse your log and I love it. What a great idea. We are getting everything. Its a just matter of time, MA will be untouchable. Thanks Loren. You are an amazing leader,I salute u.
Bonissat, NYC.

Unknown said...

Hi Loren,

NYC is a great place to enjoy but shopping there somehow is too much heahache as you said. Thank you very much for your great sharing with aliveness. It feels like you are just sitting in front of us like a great girl friend. That is a great feeling.

Looking forward to seeing you in Miami.

Jessica
NY

Loren said...

hi everyone.. Thanks for all the support.. This is really gonna get to be alot of fun.. Please sure to check back at my blog for the latest updates and please share your favorites with me and everyone else...much love and apreciation, Loren

Anonymous said...

HI LOREN,
LOVE THE BLOG, AND LOVE MARKET AMERICA AS WELL. I AM GLAD TO BE ON BOARD. YOUR PRODUCTS ARE GREAT.
MY SON LOVES YOUR OPC-3 AS I DO.iT HAS HELPED ME SO MUCH.
THANK YOU
RENEE MCDONALD