11/06/2009

Finding The Right Fit

Finding the right bra is a daunting task. From push-up to demi, seamless to underwire, and with an array of colors, the choices are endless. And when it comes to comfort and fit the numbers are staggering. Nearly 70% of all women are wearing the wrong bra size! An ill-fitting bra can cause poor posture, offer inadequate support, be unflattering, and even lead to scarring if it is too tight or the underwire does not fit properly. A bra that fits properly is more comfortable and can make you appear slimmer and taller. Who doesn’t want that?

Finding the right bra size with 3 simple steps:

1. First take a measuring tape and measure your rib cage directly under your bust. Make sure you exhale completely. This is your band measurement. To determine your band size round it to the nearest whole number. If the number is even, add four. If the number is odd, add 5. For example: If your band measurement is 30.5 inches, you would round up to 31 inches. Since that is an odd number, you would add 5 making your band size a 36.

2. Now measure the fullest part of your bust. This is your cup measurement.

3. Subtract your band measurement from your cup measurement to determine your cup size. So if your bust is 32.5 inches and your band measurement is 30.5 inches, the difference would be 2 inches. That would make you a B cup and a size 36B.

Use this handy guide to determine if you are wearing the right bra.




Happy Shopping!

4 comments:

onelegacyatatime said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Wow! This info. means alot to me. I've always had difficulty gettin my bra size. I even got my size checked, yet I don't feel right. I will try it right away. :)

meganben09 said...

I will definitely be using this information. I am in dire need of a bra that fits me! Thanks so much.

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the helpful info. This helps out a lot