8/14/2009

Get to Know The Creative Mind Behind Siete: Q&A with Alejandro Sanz


Alejandro Sanz is known as one of the world’s most successful musicians, having won multiple Grammy Awards and sold more than 25 million albums internationally. Recently, the Spanish born singing sensation has moved into a new arena, that of personal fragrance. Simply named Siete-- Spanish for seven-- both the men’s and women’s scents are a unique blend of seven scent notes, a playful nod to the seven notes of the musical scale.

Market America is thrilled to now offer both the men’s and women’s versions of Siete on www.marketamerica.com. In honor of the occasion, we asked Alejandro to share some of his thoughts on Siete.

Why did you make the decision to create a personal fragrance?

It was something that just suddenly occurred to me and I was drawn to the idea from the start. I’m a man of sense and feeling [and] the sense of smell is as important as any other. People’s fragrance says a lot about them... it’s a non-verbal language that has a lot to say.

Siete stands for the seven notes of the musical scale and for the seven scent notes found in the fragrance. How else is siete a reflection of you or your music?

The number seven has been my favorite since I was a child. Besides the seven notes of the scale, there are seven deadly sins, Seven Wonders of the World, seven days in the week... seven is a number that is present in no end of things.

How involved were you in the creation of Siete?

I smelled a number of essences and I wanted to capture the scents of my childhood. Scents from important personal moments, the scent of sensuality, of authenticity, the scent of my essence.

What inspires you both in music and in the creation of a fragrance?

Life itself is my greatest inspiration. When you feel alive and receptive to life, feelings flow and automatically become art.

Experience Siete for yourself! Take advantage of special pricing on Siete when you purchase from the "Hot Deals" tab on Alejandro's My World featured artist page, or from marketamerica.com!

0 comments: