6/08/2009

A Story only a Dog Owner can appreciate

With the sun finally coming out the past few days, I’ve been able to get out and take my dog for a walk around the neighborhood. Yesterday while we were out walking, my little Jack Russell Jack caught a glimpse of a boy on a bike and took off running. “Yea, right”, I thought as he stretched out the leash. To my dismay, the retractable leash that I’ve had for 10 years finally saw its last day and there went my dog chasing this poor little boy on his bike. So now, instead of having a nice walk around the neighborhood, I’m running like a mad woman down the street chasing my dog who’s chasing this little boy that’s crying because he thinks my ferocious dog is going to kill him. When I finally caught up to them, Jack is sitting there barking like cujo at the boy’s bike and the boy is in his mom’s arms crying. I apologized profusely and tried to tell them that Jack would never hurt anyone and that he just likes to chase anything that moves. Wow, that was one BIG embarrassing moment, but thankfully the mom understood and promised everything would be ok.

So here’s a word to the wise. Don’t think just because your leash looks like it’s in good shape that you’ll be able to control your wild pooch. Play it safe and get a new one so you don’t end up chasing a dog on the run like me.

Check out Market America’s Pet Supplies Category for leashes in a variety of models and colors and many more great products for your pets!

0 comments: