4/07/2009

Voitel® and WiMax

Hi Voitel® Business Partners...good morning...

It has been a few days since I reached out via the blog so I want to let you all know what I am doing. I am recovering from an information overload, 'deer in headlights' daze I wandered into at the CTIA Wireless Convention. The event was amazing and I really don't know where to start. I do however plan to draft a brief blog on some of the new wireless findings in the next couple of weeks but I want to ask now---how do you all feel about WiMax? Do you guys know much about this technology? Send me an email at VoitelQ&A at MarketAmerica.com and share your knowledge and experience. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Jamie Kennington
Director of Telecom Services for Market America & Voitel

2 comments:

EJIS1979 said...

Hi Jamie,

I did research about WiMax. It seems pretty cool. Voitel should have that to provide wi-fi max internet service to our MA Preferred Customers.

Here's the link by the way:
http://www.wimax.com/education


EJIS1979

Voitel Telecommunications said...

Hi Anonymous #1...good morning...
Thanks for doing some research on WiMax. I am encouraged by the future of WiMax. I mentioned my background with AT&T, Verizon & Global Crossing in a prior blog. My experience is blended with designing and with consulting on big and small 'Wide Area Networks' (WANs). WiMax is a WAN technology that can be for public use, unless of course you buy your own spectrum and make it a private network. And you will most likely see that too by maybe some Fortune 100 or 500 companies. Or you might see some other mobile operators buy spectrum so they can put proprietary devices on it like AT&T did with the iPhone. Right now though the focus is just on rolling it out and making it a common 'household' technology like DSL. Take a look at ClearWire's objectives over the next few years. It is very exciting. Thanks for the link too. It is very insightful. Keep me posted on other developments as you see them come up.
Regards,
Jamie Kennington
Director of Telecom Services for Market America & Voitel