3/19/2009

Voitel® Speaks

Hi Market America! As you may know, I have 15 years experience in Telecom with BellSouth, AT&T and Verizon Business. I managed many 'flagship' accounts that were headquartered in Atlanta, GA. You may perhaps drink one of the products of one of these companies I managed or you may, on occasion, fly on one of the many jets owned by another one of the accounts I supported. I tell you this because I want you to know that I have designed & consulted on many types of complex, global communication solutions.

I even had a 'tour of duty' with Global Crossing. And in case you did not know, Global Crossing is a Telecom provider known for their IP solutions and in particular---Voice over IP (VoIP).

I had the opportunity to work with some of the best engineers the Industry could produce and it has come to my realization that technology, despite all the intellectual property you throw at it, has it's limitations.

I am here in full support of Voitel® VoIP service or more commonly known as our Digital Home Phone Service. Voitel's VoIP solution is the best there is when it comes to putting digitized voice over the public Internet.

I have been around Telecom for a while and I am aware of some of the challenges voice has when traversing a public network. Unless you would like to deploy a private IP network with a class of service (COS) for your voice and COS for your data traffic, we are faced with certain obstacles.

Please don't let the technology confuse you. We are ALL 'riding' the same public IP network (Internet) so ask yourself if you believe our competition is really better than Voitel? It is really the other way around. You know why Voitel is better? Because we pay you ongoing income to use our service and our competition does not!

Do yourself a favor and visit Voitel so you can start paying yourself for something you are already using.

I welcome your comments.

Jamie Kennington

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is JK & who do you work for?

Jim Lange said...

I'm switching from Vonage to Voitel and one of the tricks I discovered to improve voice quality in a home with several simultaneous internet users was to use a router that features QOS (Quality of Service).

By configuring the QOS to prioritize voip packets over http packet has enabled glitch free phone calls even when my kids are streaming youtube videos one computer while uploading videos on another.

A step-by-step white paper from Voitel on this topic would probably be helpful for many customers.

Voitel Telecommunications said...

Hi Voitel® Home Phone Service users. Jim Lange raised a very good point and I am so appreciative to hear tech savvy comments like this from Voitel folks.
As an FYI: Quality of Service (QOS) and Class of Service (COS) are often referred to as being one in the same. I just want to discuss this for a second so that I can confirm that Jim's actions are 100% Grade-A on track with acheiving excellent call quality WITHOUT having to deploy a private IP network.
In my prior blog I mentioned a private IP network with COS for Voice and COS for Data. COS is relative to the traffic on the network. For example, you can assign 768kbps of COS to voice traffic and you will always be guaranteed 768k of bandwidth for your voice over all other traffic, including data. This allows the network to prioritize your voice with a guaranteed 768k worth of bandwidth over your data traffic.
QOS is relative to ALL the resources on the network, i.e., Voice, Data, Streaming Video... and what that means is you will be guaranteed a certain level of service (not just bandwidth) with regard to that resource. In this case---voice being the resource. Use this QOS in conjunction with COS and your mission critical applications will acheive excellent reliability and quality. We don't need all that though and I hope I did not make this clear as mud...
Bottom line is---Jim is right on target and could actually supplement his income as a Voitel Help Desk Expert if he wanted. :)
QOS routers are a little more expensive then the basic ones that start at $40. These QOS routers are less complicated then the QOS & COS on a private IP network scenario I painted a moment ago and they start at ~$100. Ask yourself, is that cost worth guaranteeing your voice always receives a certain 'Quality of Service'?
I intend to draft a white paper for Voitel users with regard to QOS routers. Thank you Jim for suggesting this information be made available. Look for this soon.
Regards,
Jamie Kennington

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if we will ever be able to offer rollover minutes so we can be more competitive with AT&T Wireless.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, JK. My post about rollover minutes does not apply to Voitel's VoIP service. Who do I contact in the wireless division to ask that question?

Voitel Telecommunications said...

Hello again...I am so encouraged at the comments I am receiving on the ma blog. Just so you guys know...I am the Director of Telecom Service for Market America / Voitel. I can answer questions about both Voitel Services; Home Phone Service & Wireless.
With regard to the Wireless question and 'roll-over' minutes, as it stands right now, we have designed our wireless plans to benefit everyone and we have plans designed for every one. We are looking at some unlimited plans now but we do not have anything in place that resembles the AT&T roll over plan at this time.
Please keep checking back with us though. We listen to all suggestions and we take them into consideration when we negotiate our plans with our carriers.
Thanks for your inquiry and have a nice weekend.
Jamie Kennington
Director of Telecom Services for Market America / Voitel