12/03/2008

Skin Nutrition: Beauty from within

I can still hear an old saying that my father used to tell me as a kid; “Eat your green veggies, they’ll make you pretty.” I believed him, just like every little kid believes what their father says. But I never realized any reason behind it until I got older and understood nutrition.

Like most women, I take very good care of my skin. I eat healthy, drink plenty of water, avoid smoking and follow through with a very precise skin regimen. From zit cream to help with acne from my high school days to anti-aging cream in my twenties, good skin nutrition not only begins on the outside, but from within. Even though the buzz about creams and lotions has become popular lately, what you put INSIDE your body is equally as important. Honestly, the old saying about fried foods leading to an unhealthy complexion holds true in my opinion. Health experts say that vitamins and minerals in all forms play an integral role in a healthy complexion, whether the source is food, supplements, or even a jar of cream. "Your skin is the fingerprint of what is going on inside your body, and all skin conditions, from psoriasis to acne to aging, are the manifestations of your body's internal needs, including its nutritional needs," says Georgiana Donadio, Ph.D., founder and director of the National Institute of Whole Health in Boston.

Timeless Prescription™ Oxygen Extreme and Isotonix OPC-3® Beauty Blend are two products that Market America offers to help promote skin health and protect your body against free radicals. Oxygen Extreme is a combination of vitamins, minerals and special herbs in capsule form that help protect our body from the negative effects of free radicals. It contains key ingredients such as vitamins A, C and E, which are great for promoting skin health and supporting healthy immune functions. Beauty Blend is an isotonic-capable food supplement that is made from a combination of bilberry, grape seed, red wine, pine bark extracts and citrus extract bioflavonoids, all found to be powerful antioxidants. They are powerful free radical scavengers that work to keep skin healthy and beautiful in a world filled with smog, pollution and other toxins.

While browsing through WebMD, I ran across this article which contains some great information on what supplements help maintain a healthy complexion to keep that young, youthful glow. Remember to protect your skin inside and out!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take Timeless Prescription™ Oxygen Extreme and Isotonix OPC-3 and my skin looks fabulous. Beauty is from the inside out. I have some customers that have skin problems such as rosacea. Will Market America come out with something that helps people with rosacea?
Thanks!
Jessie