9/16/2008

Self-Made Millionaire

I sat down with some of Market America's up-and-coming success stories to demonstrate that you don't have to be a seasoned veteran in the business world before you begin your path toward financial freedom. In fact, this particular entrepreneur took advantage of his youthful enthusiasm and created an ongoing income that helped him reach the million-dollar mark before hitting the age of 30!

Look for several of these exclusive interviews posted on maBlog in the coming weeks, and make sure to read about the ones featured in the upcoming August/September edition of Powerline.



Name: Dr. Jonathan Davis
Age: 36
Location: Statesville, NC
Pin Level: Director
How long you’ve been with ma: 9 years


PL: Did you have any concerns or apprehensions when you were considering this opportunity? If so, please explain.

JD: I had NO desire to look at this business when I was approached the first 10 times. Isn't it amazing how some people "know" what this is when they won’t even take the time to look? I was sure this was some multilevel marketing company or “get rich quick” scheme so I wouldn't look. Once I was sold on OPC-3® though, it softened me up about the business and International Convention sealed my fate.

PL: What did you do for a living previously?

JD: My background was always in health care. At age 17 I took night classes and started working for the City of Buffalo, NY in emergency services a year later. I went to work with terminally ill children and worked nights in the ER and ICU at a hospital near my hometown near Buffalo. I then switched gears from trauma to chiropractic and had a chiropractic practice until ma retired me in 2001.

PL: What were some of the challenges you have overcome and how did you overcome them?

JD: I love this question because so many people think I had it easier because I am a doctor, when in reality many times it was an obstacle. Many people said that since they weren't doctors, they wouldn't be able to build their business like me. But I was uncomfortable approaching my patients with the business so I had to come up with creative ways to get them to ask me about the business. I coaxed my prospects into approaching me! I always train people to use their challenges to make them stronger. It's just like a bodybuilder using weights to get stronger – they use that resistance to their benefit.

PL: What has the company allowed you to do that you probably wouldn’t have otherwise had the opportunity for?

JD: I have traveled more than most people will in their entire lives. I have been able to take my family on vacations. I have been able to wake up when I’m done sleeping (no alarm clock) for the last seven years. I have met some of the most genuine, wonderful people in the world. But, most importantly, I have been able to look at thousands of people and see the look in their eyes when, for the first time in years, they actually have hope again. There is no paycheck better than that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to Go, Dr.Jonathan Davis! Congratulations :-)



Eric Silva
Stamford,Connecticut

Unknown said...

You have certainly given us hope and encouragement. We are proud to be a part of your success and be in your organization. Thank you for being such a great leader.