9/23/2008

Are you taking a multivitamin?



If you are anything like me, you are busy. Really busy. Every day I have great intentions—I plan to fix myself a healthy, hearty breakfast, bring my lunch to work, eat at least 7 servings of fruits and vegetables…. Honestly though, most days don’t go according to plan. Whole grains, 5 servings of veggies, 2-4 servings of fruit, 2-3 servings of dairy…. and making sure you get a variety! Having a well rounded diet rich in fruits and vegetables is really important but I like knowing that I’m filling in the gaps everyday by supplementing with a multivitamin.

Sometimes I need a little reminder about nutritional basics and it goes a little something like this:

- French fries don't count towards your vegetable servings (and neither does ketchup)
- Strawberry daiquiris don’t count as fruit (but it would be so awesome if they did!)
- The lettuce on a burrito isn’t exactly a “nutrient dense” food item (I bet we'd all be nutritional superstars if it was!)

So, when faced with the aforementioned harsh realities of nutrition, I’m so glad I have a multivitamin!

If you’re taking a multivitamin, tell me how you like it! Even better, tell me why you need it!
Stay healthy!!!

1 comments:

Brian Nott said...

As a smoker (unfortunately) my Dr., who is a distributor in NutraMetrix, tells me not to take any Beta-Carotine. So I don't take Multi-Tech. What would also be wonderfull, is it they came out with a "Chromium free" version of the products as it causes really bad headaches in allot of people at the levels in most of the products that have it. Like the new Thermochrome, which I wish I could take.