8/09/2008

Portal Power

I took a brief break from blogging to go purchase a few $25 gift certificates for TWO DOLLARS (!!!) apiece from restaurant.com. What an amazing deal! Two of my favorite restaurants in Winston Salem - 6th & Vine, and the Zev (aka Zevely House) - were featured restaurants on the site! Ordering was a snap, and considering I only paid four bucks for 50 dollars' worth of gift certificates, I'd say it's a pretty good deal.


Anyway, Marc and Loren just took us through another update on the Portal: our new 150+ partner stores, premiere partners (stores who take part of our universal check out), print center, new demo videos, enhanced news functionality, movies and media... products with increased IBV... it's simply mindblowing.

But all the high tech in the world can't compare to high touch: 78% of folks report being persuaded by referrals and product reviews. Pretty cool that we've got personal customer managers and comparison shopping, huh?

This place is amazing...and it just keeps getting better. Every. Single. Day.


(PS, thanks for the blog shout-out, Marc and Loren. It's a privilege to support ma's Executive Team and all our great Distributors out in the field. WE LOVE YOU GUYS!)




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am all jazzed up about the extraordinary updates to our portals! I had no idea what buzzillion $$$ biz I had bought into...
I went into Restaurants.com each day of convention trying to purchase the awesome $25 cards for 2$ --- but neither I nor my six partners could not find anything that said anything about the $2 deal we were offered! I guess I missed the boat on that one. But overall wonderful experience! Can't wait to do it again. DES

Anonymous said...

Dianne, just FYI: the special was with restaurant.com, not restaurants.com. That's probably what the trouble was. Wish I could have helped you sooner! Just wanted you to know it wasn't a scam.

Anonymous said...

We went out to get this deal right after, but both Gift certificate booth staffs and convention staffs told us there is no such things....
can someone else tell us when and where we can get this great deal?

AC said...

Loren mentioned it was a limited time offer - good only through Sunday or Monday night, if I recall. (that's why I jumped on it right away!)

Also, the gift certs weren't available at any booths at Convention - it was an online deal only. (you had to type in "FIRST" in the coupon box to redeem)

And like anonymous#1 said, it was restaurant.com, not restaurants.com (I did the same thing at first).

Anonymous said...

For all those who have expressed an interest in this, wanted to give give a heads up. This was a time limited offer and from what I can recall expired either July 31st or Aug 1st. There was a notice listed on the MA Blog that I had scanned over. Thought this would be helpful! Keep this information in mind for the the World Conference!