7/07/2008

Resveratrol Combats Obesity

Resveratrol is getting media attention again! According to a new study published at the annual meeting of U.S. Endocrine Society, Resveratrol may help battle obesity. In this study, they found that resveratrol inhibited the pre-fat cells from increasing and prevented them from converting into mature fat cells. Also, resveratrol hindered fat storage.

According to the study's lead author, Pamela Fischer-Posovszky: "Resveratrol has anti-obesity properties by exerting its effects directly on the fat cells. Thus, resveratrol might help to prevent development of obesity or might be suited to treating obesity."

The results of this study were filmed and can be seen in the webcast here. (To hear about resveratrol only, skip ahead to the 15:00 mark for Martin Wabitsch’s presentation)

All the more reasons to take in all the many benefits of Resveratrol!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also heard that in the news. It apears when you give the body what it needs. It has a natual ability to correct ones self. I also heard that it has shown increases musle mass in aging mice...

Anonymous said...

I didn't know this.
I will add it to my morning regime. I take OPC3 faithfully for my good health and now resveratrol too!! I need help in that department!!