5/27/2008

What's the deal with cell phones?

I bought a new cell phone last week. I was reading the user guide and other information that came along with it, and I was surprised to find that in five different places in all of this literature, were warnings that cell phones may be harmful to your health. Perhaps these warnings have always been there and I was oblivious to them before, nonetheless, I noticed them. Of course, it didn't come right out and say that they were dangerous, it was the same FDA babble, "not proven to be harmful… yada, yada, yada." However, right there, in five different places, the cell phone company was telling me that my cell phone might be hazardous to my health.

Here's another article highlighting the debate about cell phones and their potential effect on health:

Link: Warning: Using a mobile phone while pregnant can seriously damage your baby

1 comments:

Dahni said...

On Larry King CNN last night 5/27/08 His program was about the potential dangers of cell phones. Here is a link to a video clip of the program:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2008/05/28/lkl.cell.cancer.cnn

I am glad we have 'Stealth' radar Shields for peace of mind!

Dahni