3/13/2008

Motives Custom Blend Foundation - What's your formula?

Hi Motives! I hope you are all doing well. As the new Product Manager of Motives and Personal Care, I've had a really unique opportunity to experiment with the product firsthand from both a customer perspective and from a consultant perspective.

In the quest for learning more about our Motives product and how I can help continue to make them better, I've had some really awesome experiences, one of which I'd like to share with you.

The Motives Department is in the process of updating the Motives Manual! Yeah! I had taken it home over the weekend to give it an editorial review - and in doing so, I learned how to make Custom Blend Foundation! I couldn't wait to get to work on Monday, get the bottles of Custom Blend and start my "science experiment" (I was called Science Girl in high school)... I love that stuff! Monday when I arrived to the office, I asked Jennifer Blackmon (our Assistant of Sales, Field Development and Training) for some syringes (she's also a Motives Certified Trainer and Aesthetician - a wealth of knowledge).

That night, I pulled out my Motives Manual (for step-by-step instructions), the Custom Blend bottles (which intrigued my two year old daughter - thus postponing my experiment until her bedtime) and my syringes. At 10:30 pm, I had my very first Custom Blend formula - and yes, it matched my skin tone perfectly! I also created a facial highlighter and concealer along the way. I had so much fun, only imagine if this was with girlfriends in a group setting. This is a fantastic product and concept - which I'm going to strive to continuously improve for you all!! Your thoughts on Custom Blend Foundation? Talk to you soon- Krystal

PS - First time users - use a pencil on your formula sheets...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased with my Motives Custom Blended foundation!

I have quite rosey cheeks, and any time I had ever stopped at a cosmetic counter and asked the consultant to find a match for me, I always ended up with heavy foundation a shade too dark and some huge concealer stick! I would end up looking like a clown, and worse yet. . . feeling like one.

Since my Custom Blend was made just for me, it matches my skin tone perfectly!

Best of all, Motives Custom Blend Foundation is very light and sheer, so it won't rub off on clothing, making it safe for hugs!

Jennie Fuentes
St. Louis, MO

Anonymous said...

The customization aspect of Motives is so unique that it drives tremendous sales. I remember when we used to have customizable lipsticks (what a mess!). Even way back then it was something that no other company's could compete with.

The addition of the custom powder is an awesome step for Motives. Michell Urbanski and I were like excited elementary school kids when it was announced at leadership school.

You guys are doing awesome. Motives is incredible and anyone who will chose it as a major can experience the financial rewards as long as they follow the system.

Dustin C Mitchell
Saint Louis, MO

Anonymous said...

I was wondering about the custom blend powder. I have run out of my light and medium big jars. Are we going to be able to purchase the big jars individually soon? It takes 5 small jars to fill a big jar and I don't want to have to purchase the whole kit every time I run out of the main colors.